1. Are minors welcome? The Company does not collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 18 or allow people under the age of 18 to register for the Website. The Website and its content are not directed at persons under the age of 18. If the Company learns that it has collected personal information from a child under age 18 without parental consent, the Company will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that the Company might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact the Company.
2. What types of information does the Company collect about you and how is it collected? The Company may collect several types of information from and about users of the Website, including information: by which you may be personally identified, including your name and email address.
3. How does the Company use your information? The Company may use information that it collects about you or that you provide to the Company, including any personal information: To present the Website and its contents to you. To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from the Company. To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it. To provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices.
5. What choices do you have about how the Company uses and discloses your information? The Company provides you the ability to exercise certain controls and choices regarding the Company's collection, use, and sharing of your information. In accordance with local law, your controls and choices may include: You may correct, update, and delete your account information. You may change your choices for subscriptions and newsletters. You may choose whether or not to receive offers from the Company. You may choose whether you received targeted advertising from the Company or its partners.
6. How do you access and correct your information? You can send the Company an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to the Company. The Company cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your account. The Company will not accommodate a request to change information if it believes the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
7. How does the Company protect your personal information? The Company has implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, change, and disclosure. All information you provide to the Company is stored on its secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where the Company has given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. The Company asks you not to share your password with anyone. Unfortunately, the transmission of information over the Internet is not completely secure. Although the Company does its best to protect your personal information, the Company cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to the Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. The Company is not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
8. International Users This policy is intended to cover collection of information on or through the Website from residents of the United States. If you are visiting the Website from outside the United States, please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States where the Company's servers are located and the Company's central database is operated. The data protection and other laws of the United States and other countries might not be as comprehensive as those in your country. Please be assured that the Company seeks to take reasonable steps to make sure that your privacy is protected. By using the Company's services, you acknowledge that your information may be transferred to the Company's facilities and those third parties with whom the Company shares it as described in this policy. When you provide personal information to the Company through the Website, you consent to the processing of your data in, and the transfer of your data to, the United States or any other country in which the Company or its affiliates, subsidiaries, or service providers host these services.
9. Do Not Track Policy Do Not Track ("DNT") is a privacy preference that you can set in your browser. DNT is a way for you to inform websites and services that you do not want certain information about your webpage visits collected over time and across websites or online services. The Company is committed to providing you with meaningful choices about the information it collects and that is why the Company provides you the ability to opt out. But the Company does not recognize or respond to any DNT signals as the Internet industry works toward defining exactly what DNT means, what it means to comply with DNT, and a common approach to responding to DNT. For more information, visit www.allaboutdnt.com.
10. Your California Privacy Rights California Civil Code § 1798.83 permits users of the Website that are California residents to request certain information about the Company's disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make this request, please send an email to email@example.com. Further, if you are a California resident and would like to opt out from the disclosure of your personal information to any third party for marketing purposes, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be advised that if you opt out from permitting your personal information to be shared, you may still receive selected offers directly from the Company in accordance with California law.
11. Links to Other Websites The Website may contain links to other websites. Please be aware that the Company is not responsible for the content or privacy practices of those other websites. The Company encourages its customers to be aware when they leave the Website and to read the privacy statements of any other website that collects personally identifiable information.
12. No Rights of Third Parties This policy does not create rights enforceable by third parties or require disclosure of any personal information relating to users of the Website.
14. Contact Information To ask questions or comment about this policy and the Company's privacy practices, contact the Company at email@example.com Some user information, such as email address, may be used to offer additional products, services, content from Brittany (NautiMate) or an agent of Brittany (NautiMate).
15. Legal basis for processing your personal information - EEA visitors/customers If you are located in the European Economic Area ("EEA"), our legal basis for personal data collection and use as described above depends on the purpose for which the information is collected. With the exception of data collected for web site functionality and error reporting, we normally collect personal information only when we have a customer's consent and the information is provided to us directly from you, as needed in order for us to perform based on a contract with you, to provide services where processing is in our legitimate business interests or when we have a legal obligation to collect personal information. This includes personal information used for creation of your customer account, which is mandatory and the consequence of not providing this information is not being able to use our services. If you have questions about or need further information concerning the data we collect, use of this data, retention of this data or the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org 16. Personal Data and Information Retention Customer account data which consists of contact name, email address, business name and purchase history is stored indefinitely unless a customer requests removal of this data. Email addresses used for product newsletters are stored until a user opts-out by requesting removal by emailing email@example.com or clicking a link to "unsubscribe" in any email received. Data related to software error reporting consisting of IP address, browser cookie values, user agent, server-state variables, user name and password is automatically purged/removed after 7 days.